I am seriously SO far behind on blogging, but I wanted to get this posted for the grandparents and great-grandparents out there who are dying to see these pictures! Rylie did great on her first day of school, which was yesterday, September 3rd. She has afternoon kindergarten, so I drive her to school for 12:37 and she has decided to ride the bus home. She had her clothes all picked out the night before including underwear and a headband (which of course she ended up not wearing! The headband, I mean!) Thanks to a gift card from Auntie Kaley, she got a manicure in the morning before school. She picked out a purple color to match her dress. So cute! She was a little nervous on her first day, but did fantastic! We waited outside the school for the doors to open, and with a hug, kiss and an I love you, she walked into school with her backpack on looking like she was 15! Of course I had camera issues and didn't get her just as she walked into school. As soon as she was in the building I burst into tears and cried for an hour. My baby was in SCHOOL!! Upon arriving home, I asked Chloe for a hug as I was still crying. Chloe's response was, "Don't worry, Mommy. I don't miss her!" This coming from the girl who cried on Wednesday because she would miss her sister. Too funny! Grammie came over and Daddy came home from work early and we all walked up to the bus stop to get Rylie. The bus didn't arrive until 4. Rylie was so happy and excited and loved the bus! She got to sit with her friends, Madeline and Kaitlyn, who are both older than her and she loved it. I burst into tears again. Relief! She was home safe and happy! We walked home and then took her out to eat at Sonic to celebrate her first day. She was one proud little girl! It's hard to get much out of a 5 year old, but she seemed to have a good day and was excited to go back again today, which I think is a good sign. She has a very sweet and loving teacher and a lot that she should learn this year. We're all excited. Next up, taking Chloe to preschool on the 11th. Now THAT should be interesting! Enjoy the pictures! Sorry, same cheesy music as the first day of school for last year!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Beautiful, Michelle! I'm so glad it went well - for everyone! (I cried on and off all day the first day of Will's kindergarten - we only have full day here, so it was a loooooong day for me!) Love to all of you!
Karen
That hug picture in the beginning--so sweet!
I meant to email you today and tell you that Maggie has been talking about Rylie NONstop all week. "I miss my friend. What was her name Mommy? Rylie? Can we go see her?" So...we need to plan a trip I'm thinkin'.
You are welcome here ANY time, you know that!! Or, we could try to meet somewhere?? Let me know!
Post a Comment