September 11th was Chloe's first day of preschool! She is attending Bellwood, which is the same preschool that Rylie attended. I have been having a very hard time thinking about sending my "baby" off to preschool and she has been telling us that she is scared of other kids and didn't want to go. She woke up and was nervous, but got ready for school. She picked out her dress herself and later added a headband (not in the pictures) that didn't match, but was cute because she put it on herself. We got out the door on time amazingly and were on our way. I kept crying just thinking about dropping her off. Of course, when we were almost there, I noticed that she wasn't feeling well and was probably getting car sick. She held the bucket, but never got sick. We waited a minute in the parking lot before getting out of the car, but she seemed ok, so Rylie and I got out of the car and got Chloe out. I was carrying her in, per her request and we were about 20 feet from the door when I felt her body convulse and quickly turned her around just in time for her to throw up everywhere! I felt awful. I thought she was done and kept walking in and she threw up 3 more times right outside the door. Welcome to Bellwood! Then she was all better. So, I explained that she was just car sick (and probably a lot of nerves, too), cleaned up Chloe, cleaned up outside and took Chloe to get a drink and a snack. She seemed fine and was excited to check out the new baby bunny, Cleo! Then it was time for Rylie and I to leave. Chloe started to cry and wouldn't let go of me. Miss Linda had to take her from me and of course I started to cry. I knew she was in good hands, but it's hard to leave your crying child and not feel guilty! Rylie and I continued out the door and Rylie burst into tears, sobbing, "I miss Bellwood!!" So, all three of us were now in tears! What a morning. I missed Chloe and worried all morning, but of course, she was fine. They said she cried for about 5 minutes and then played with some of the other little girls with dolls and play-doh, had a snack and played outside. They said she did great and she actually told me when I picked her up that she had fun! She's not excited about going back, but hopefully Monday will be a better day. She did great. She's shy and attached to us and I'm so proud of her for being a big girl. Keep your fingers crossed that Monday is a little less of an eventful day for us!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Man, this is crazy seeing all these first days of school pictures!! Aren't they still 1 and 3? haha Great to see hear they did well!
The first day that my uncle went to preschool he came home and told Gram all about it. She said "Oh good, so do you want to go again tomorrow?" and he said, "I have to go BACK???"
Maggie loved both videos :)
Post a Comment