Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Soergel's Orchard and Farm

Last Saturday it was beautiful here. Sunny and mid 80's. Well, I guess beautiful by my standards anyway! So, we took the girls to Soergel's (which is a local orchard and working farm) to pick pumpkins and enjoy the fall festival. It seemed funny to be picking pumpkins in such warm weather, but I'd rather that than in the cold. Last year when we went, it was mid 90's in October, so at least it was a little cooler! The place was packed. More busy than I have ever seen it before. It took us almost 20 minutes just to park. But, we had such a good time with the girls. We saw the farm animals and then the girls picked out their own "mini pumpkins." Brad picked out 2 big ones to carve. We would have gotten more, but the trips lugging them up the hill to the car with no stroller or wagon was just too much. Rylie went through a dark hay tunnel with a flashlight, the girls went through a cornstalk maze (and collected corn along the way!), we sampled apples and cider and then the girls went on a pony ride. They were exhausted after the 2 hours there, but they really enjoyed it. We are off to another farm soon!

1 comment:

The Girls' Mommy said...

I love that picture of the two of them!!