Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hershey Park

We all (my Mom included) met my cousin Kristen, her husband Peter and their kids Noah and Elizabeth at Hershey Park September 19-21st. I hadn't seen them in almost 2 years! So, it was absolutely wonderful to see them again and we all had so much fun! It was a perfect weekend, really. The car ride there and home was uneventful, which is a very new thing for us, thanks to Chloe's car sickness medicine! The weather was perfect - sunny, yet not too hot or too cold. The park was busy, but the lines for the kid rides were very reasonable, which was great for the kids. They could see a ride go one or two times and then it was their turn. They loved every ride. Chloe fell asleep in line for the train ride, of course while I was holding her and not while she was in the stroller, so I carried her around asleep for about 40 minutes. Thank God she still only weighs 22 pounds! We got to eat at a Friendly's Friday night, which is a treat for Brad and me since there are none here! We went to the park from 10-5 on Saturday night and then we all ordered pizza in our hotel room. Then on Sunday, we went back to Hershey's Chocolate World and took the tour and did a little shopping. The kids all got along so well and had a good time together. I thought we took more pictures than we did, so the video doesn't do justice to how much fun we had, but here are some of my favorite pictures. They ate lunch and danced around, which was cute, too. Chloe did great the whole weekend, too, only having ONE accident after being potty trained for only 3 weeks! We had a great time. Thanks Kristen for the idea of meeting there. We hope we get to see you all again SOON!!

On another note from that weekend, Chloe and Rylie shared a pull-out couch in the hotel and did great. This is my favorite story from that. I woke up during the night Saturday night and heard Chloe yelling for help. I ran over and Rylie had her in sort of a choke hold and Chloe was trying to get away, but couldn't. I woke Rylie up and she said, "Oh, sorry Chloe. I thought you were my puppy (that she hugs every night while she sleeps)!" Too cute. Then they both fell right back to sleep.


1 comment:

The Girls' Mommy said...

We've been to Chocolate World, but we've never been to the actual park. We'll have to meet up there one year! I'm so glad you had a good time!