




Uncle Matt and "Aunt" Jamie had called and planned to come down for a weekend before Matt started his new job at the post office. I figured that would be a great surprise for the girls, so as much as it killed me, I kept the secret! It worked out perfectly because they arrived on March 28th while I was picking Rylie up from school. So, we got home and Rylie thought that Grammie had a friend visiting. You should have heard the joyous squeals when she saw Uncle Matt and Jamie at the top of the stairs! Chloe even quickly warmed up, which is unusual for her. The girls had an absolute blast all weekend. Matt and Jamie got to see them swim which was fun. We went to CiCi's Pizza for dinner and to Bruster's for ice cream. They played games and legos, colored, read books and watched MANY episodes of the Backyardigans with the girls. We all had such a wonderful visit and really appreciated them coming down, even for such a short time! Sunday morning before they left we had a big family breakfast, which was a highlight for me. My whole family at the table together felt like the big crazy family that I've always wanted.
1 comment:
Don't you love having a houseful of people? The best.
And I am so jealous of the Brewsters trip, those were some good times! (We did just get a Rita's though)
Post a Comment